Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Gettin' Over the Hump: The Big 33


So I turned 33 a few weeks ago. Gosh, where did the time go? I can still clearly remember the days of frolicking around NYC with my best friend Jess in tow and wondering what life would be like in our 30s. Sometimes I still feel like I'm in my 20s, but my body on the other hand...definitely 30s.

I can no longer stay up partying till 4am and be fully functioning at work the next day. God that was amazing. To be honest I can barely keep my eyes open past midnight, unless there's 80's music to dance to. I've also noticed that I can no longer stay fit with cardio alone, as I did in my 20s. I used to be able to burn off an indulgent night out easily, but now it's getting a little bit harder. Our bodies start to really change as we approach our mid-30s and we can no longer pull off the shenanigans we did at 21. So I did a bit of research for us ladies in our 30s and here's the 411:


Which slows down our metabolism making it easier for us to put on the timber. F&*K.

Stamina also begins to decline, which is why I can no longer run as long as I used too.

But don't worry, not all is lost! By incorporating strength training into our workouts, we can rev up our calorie-burning metabolism and look good.

A few tips on simple changes we can start today!

(Picture of me at the tender age of 21)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...